The organizing committee of the 6th International Conference on Biotechniques announces Biotechniques Ghent 2015, that will be held from September 2nd to September 4th at the Bijloke Conference Center in Ghent, Belgium.
The conference will try to facilitate research cooperation between academics and industries, potentially allowing commercialization of new biotechniques. Prospective authors are invited to submit original research and application oriented papers in areas related to the different topics and sub-topics of the conference. The conference will cover a wide range of topics related to the application of environmental biotechnology for air pollution control, treatment processes in bioreactors and clean (bio) fuels production. For more information about the conference: http://www.biotechniquesghent2015.com/ or subscribe to the Linkedin group "Biotechniques Ghent 2015”.
Some of the topics that will be discussed are:
- Bioreactors for air pollution control and biotransformations: biofilters, trickling biofilters, bioscrubbers, membrane bioreactors, two-phase partitioning bioreactors, air-diffusion bioreactors;
- Innovative bioreactors for air pollution control and biotransformations, e.g. fluidized beds, airlift reactors, RBC.
- Hybrid systems (bioreactor/bioreactor, physico-chemical technology/bioreactor, …) for air pollution control and biotransformations;
- Biotic component of bioreactors (bacteria, fungi, algae): Microbiological aspects of biodegradation and biotransformations (physiology, metabolism), Microbial ecology approach (density, diversity, structure), Identification of new functional species, Functional communities, Immobilized enzymes, microbial aerosols;
- Process component of bioreactors (Mass and Energy Flows): mass transfer and kinetics, process improvement;
- Indoor air pollution control;
- Mathematical modelling and monitoring of bioprocesses for air pollution control and bioconversions: Kinetics, Phenomenological, Empirical and Artificial Intelligence based models and their applications;
- Bioreactors designing; Air emissions sampling and measurements by gas chromatography, electronic noses, sensors and other methods;
- Biodegradation of volatile compounds (odors, VOCs), mitigation of GreenHouse Gases (GHGs) (e.g., CH4, NOx, N2O, CO2);
- Biotransformation of volatile substrates into valuable products; e.g. production of biofuels, proteins, biopolymers, biofuels production from CO2 (algae);
- Biogas and other biofuels upgrading (e.g., fuel desulfurization using bioreactors);
- Eco-friendly biofuels and their relation with reduced air pollution;
- Process scale-up, full-scale applications, case studies;